What's new

AFI Salutes Tom Hanks on USA (1 Viewer)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
I caught AFI's wonderful tribute to Tom Hanks. The show was very heart-felt and everything was appropriate. No one deserves such a great award more than Tom. Anyone else catch this program and care to comment?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
At the local theaters, they always run those dumb "Movie Facts" things before movies and one of them has a quote from Tom Hanks where he says something to the effect of "I've made a bunch of films and I can honestly say about 5 of them are good." While he's right, the good ones are some of the best ones ever made.

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
I started watching this as filler before throwing in a DVD and ended up watching it all. I got sucked in thanks to Steve Martin and it got better throughout. Moving finale with two members of Easy Company and three cast members from SPR.
I can't believe that they left out Bachelor Party! :)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Not to mention The Burbs and The Money Pit, two of my all time favorite comedies. They did show quick clips of those films though, including Bachelor Party.
I also liked that they got Jim Lovell to speak as well.

Christopher P

Supporting Actor
Great show. Not too serious, not too silly. Not only a great actor of our generation, but who makes us feel better about going to the movies? A good guy, solid, engaging roles, entertaining films.

Chris

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I really liked Tom Hanks in this. He looked like a genuine nice guy.

I loved when Jim Lovell came out. The look on Tom's face was priceless. He even mouthed "Oh, My God!" when they announced him.

Truly a classy kinda star.

Johnny wilson

Stunt Coordinator
I like Hanks and think he's a good actor. But did he really deserve this over DeNiro, Pacino, Kietel or Hackman. Come on!

Paul Chi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
I really wanted to watch this but I was in Vegas. Will USA rerun the award show again? Thanks.

Doug Craig

Agent
Real Name
Doug Craig
I taped it Saturday night - I think there are several opportunities coming up. It's a great show - wonderful opening speech by Steve Martin...
:emoji_thumbsup:

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
I missed this, but I have to ask, does Hanks need a lifetime achievement award now? It's not like he just turned 65.

Larry Price

Stunt Coordinator
They just reran this this AM 10 - 12.
Im sure it will come up again.
Also up was nside the actors studio with Hanks
Im sure all of this is for Road to
Perdition

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks