What's new

Affordable B4 Amp (1 Viewer)

ArtH

Stunt Coordinator
I just spent my last pennies of the B4 Plus and now need to find an affordable amp to fire it up..It's seems impossible to find a used Crown k1/K2 so I am looking at affordable options..If you have any suggestions for an amp that would be equivalent to the K1 or K2, pls let me know...

Thanks

ArtH

Stunt Coordinator
Good question for which I don't have a decent response for..Just had to have it I guess..

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Brian is right... ZZSOUNDS.COM has them new for $600... and they price match... you may find one cheaper with some effort

It is 1500 watts bridged at 8 ohms... 2400 at 4

and the 1450 is $399 ...

900 Watts at 8 ohms, 1400 watts at 4

qualen

Agent
When I had plans on getting the B4, I found plents of K1/2's on ebay. Next in line was the QSC-RMX2450 but read a lot of negative comments about the fan noise.

I have not figured out whats so special about the PB2U yet. Its a pretty P2B+ to me right now, looking foward to Edwards review though. Would really love to see a B4 vs PB2U vs twin PB2+ shootout.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Another B4-PLUS! congratulations ArtH.

The QSC is built like a tank and can take allot of abuse. Very stout and quit a performer. I agree that darn fan can be annoying though. I put mine under a corner table which helped out allot.

Stephen Houdek

Second Unit
Real Name
S
I have a fairly large family room in my 3200 square foot house. I can't imagine needing any more sub than the PB1+ I just purchased. What freaking size rooms are you people buying a B4 for??? Or is this just a case of needing the "status" of a B4+.

I have this picture in my mind of college kids in a dorm room all drinking beer and playing cards on their B4+'s. Joking about how mom and dad are going to kill them when they see that credit card bill.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks