What's new

Aerosmith "Rocks" on SA-CD!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Quote from MusicTap.

Here is a link to MusicTAP:

http://www.musictap.net/

Man, this would be superb news.....with the exception of The Wall, I can't think of a title I wanted more on hi-rez 5.1.

I just pray that James Guthrie and Jack Douglas are on board...the work they did with TITA was astounding!

BGL

This is great news!! Toys In The Attic is one of my favorite hi-res surround sound titles, the sound and use of the other speakers is great - always gets noticed when I have folks over. Can't wait for Rocks to be released.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
It is one of their better albums, but after this I'd wish Sony would move on to other releases. Since they do so few, Aerosmith has had their share and more already.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member

I have to agree with you there, John. I got my uni player in Oct. of '02, and Rocks was listed as TBA at Circuit City way back then. I would not have expected TBA meant two years down the road!

I wonder where Lee Scoggins is....he is mister SACD:D, and this is an SACD thread. I am thinking he has been abducted by aliens or he would have posted by now.

BGL

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
I guess thats an unknown, John. In fact, nothing in the announcement said it would be 5.1 either. But it damn well better be:D

FWIW, I have the latest Redbook remaster of TITA, and I did an informal, un-scientific comparo with the 2CH SACD track. FWIW, I really did not hear much of a difference at all.

The sonics on the Redbook are not that great, and the SACD sounded very, very similar to my ears. I even have an original vinyl LP, and via a decent TT (Rega P2) it sounded about the same too, as far as the frequency balance. If TITA were only a 2CH SACD, I would have been very disappointed.

But the 5.1 mix.....now thats a horse of a different color. definitely worth the price of admission for me.

Side note: Last week at my local Best Buy, I cruised by the hi-rez section, and a fellow had TITA in his hands. I looked over and said that is a killer disc. I mentioned that I have been a fan since the early 70's and the SACD in 5.1 made TITA sound fresh again. I asked if he had a full surround rig, and he looked at me kind of funny, like he had NFI that this was a 5.1 disc. Methinks he thought he was just buying a remastered CD. Oh well.

BGL

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Brian L: That’s a little disheartening. Unfortunately, I think your encounter is "The Rule", not "The Exception" when it comes to the general public and Hi-Res Audio.

I'm also waiting for Get Your Wings!

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Yup: it's the surround sound mixes that will drive SACD and DVD-A growth. Not any better quality. Perceived or real.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
So Kevin, has it been determined exactly what this thing is?

Fake, misprint, overseas import????

BGL

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Well I hope it's true as it has one of my favorite Aerosmith songs that never got as much airplay as it should have IMO...

Nobody's Fault

Lord I must be dreamin'
What else could this be
Everybody's screamin'
Running' for the sea

Holy lands are sinkin'
Birds take to the sky
The prophets are all stinking drunk
I know the reason why

Eyes are full of desire
Mind is so ill at ease
Everything is on fire
Shit piled up to the knees
Out of rhyme or reason
Everyone's to blame
Children of the season
Don't be lame

Sorry, you're so sorry
Don't be sorry
Man has known it
And now he's blown it
Upside down and hell's the only sound
We did an awful job
And now they say it's nobody's fault

Old St. Andres
Seven years ago
Shove it up their richters
Red lines stop and go
Noblemen of courage
Listen with their ears
Spoke but how discouragin'
When no one really hears

One of these day's you'll be sorry
Too many houses on the stilt
Three million years or just a story
Four on the floor up to the hilt

Out of rhyme or reason
Everyone's to blame
Children of the season
Don't be lame

Sorry, we're so sorry
Don't be sorry
Man has known it
And now he's blown it
We did an awful job
And now we're just a little too late

Eyes are full of desire
Mind is so ill at ease
Everything is on fire
Shit piled up in debris

California showtime
Five o'clock's the news
Everybody's concubine
Was prone to take a snooze

Sorry, we're so sorry
Don't be sorry
Man has known it
And now he's blown it
We did an awful job
And now we're just a little too late

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Well Kevin, are you suggesting that it's nobody's fault that I don't own this vaporous release?;) I damn well believe I know who's fault! Somebody should get back in the saddle, eh?;)

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I think Amazon did the entry a while ago when the rumors first started surfacing. Unfortunately, the disc itself hasn't yet. ;)

Jeff_A

Screenwriter

Agreed! Easily my favorite track off Rocks and I've been listening to it for almost 30 years. Tough hookline and one of Joey Kramer's best beats. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks