What's new

Aerosmith/KISS tour (1 Viewer)

Mark Russ

Second Unit
Just heard about them supposedly touring together this summer on a co-headlining summer tour. Should be interesting, as they are arguably the two biggest American rock bands ever (about the only other one I can think of that you can even mention in the same breath with them is Van Halen). Wonder who will open and who will close, or if they will alternate slots.

Scott W.

Second Unit
I've seen KISS twice here in Edmonton and seen Van Halen once. Haven't seen Aerosmith though and don't really want to. KISS, Van Halen and Aerosmith are a couple of the biggest rock bands in the US though. I'd love to see Van Halen with David Roth or Sammy (again). I really don't care for the new Halen singer.

Scott

Mark Russ

Second Unit
Actually Scott, there is no current Van Halen singer. There might not even be a Van Halen at all anymore at this point. But I think that if they did a reunion tour with David Lee Roth, it would probably go over pretty good with the masses.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
I've seen KISS 7 times and Aerosmith none.

I'm glad to see them going out, but my first impression was that it was an odd combination for a tour.

Depending on how much tickets are i'm not sure if i will go. I'll just have to listen for radio giveaways.

Also with Ace no longer with KISS (of course that could all change at the last minute) and with the likelihood of KISS using Tommy Thayer as a stand-in for Ace's character, I would have no interest in seeing that.

KISS should just do away with the makeup. They reunited, toured, made a new album, toured, did a "suspect" goodbye tour. I think they've completed what they set out to do. The fans like myself who wanted to them to reunite and tour in makeup are happy to have been able to experience a KISS show reminiscent of the 70's shows. I thank them for the memories, but it is time to move on.

Paul

Scott W.

Second Unit
Hey Mark. The (3rd) singer I was talking about was Extreme's Gayr Cherone. I guess they got rid of him too, but that was the guy I was reffering too.

Scott

Mark Russ

Second Unit
Scott, I knew who you were talking about, and I agree with you 100%. I bought that one album they did with him, and have listened to it only that first time. Haven't played it since. And yes, it was a mistake and they did get rid of him. I personally liked them with David Lee better (although I'll be the first to admit that the David Lee of today would be a far cry from the one of 20 years ago), but I would rather have seen them kept Sammy than to go with the Extreme singer.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Has this tour been confirmed? The last I heard from Aerosmith's Brad Whitford in an interview a month ago he stated Aerosmith had no interest in the tour and the interest was all on KISS's part.

I know Peter Criss left Kiss to join the Counting Crows but can somebody provide me a link to the departure of Ace Frehley (my favorite member). Thanks. I would see them without Criss (for I really like Eric Singer) but it would be tough to see them without Frehley.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Can I ask a silly question?

Do people have a problem with the music area on this forum? I've noticed that the music area often goes moderately dead every few days- yet when music related threads are posted [improperly] in AH- they seem to get a fair amount of attention and replies.

So where are you guys in the ACTUAL music area? Is there something about the on-topic areas of this forum that scare people?

;)

Vince

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Vince, I think that because this is discussion about a TOUR, and not actual music or albums, the original thread starter put it here. Seeing as we are not discussing the MUSIC of either band, I don't see how it's inappropriate to put it here, neither would it be inappropriate to put it in the music forum either.

I visit the music forum every day. I agree, that forum gets less traffic than it should.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I see. It seems that there are constantly threads about touring and live performance dates in the music area-- it's all part of "music". It's like saying discussion of a DVD package doesn't go in software, since it's technically not about the software...

Mark Russ

Second Unit
Evan, here it is:

Aerosmith, Kiss Set To Rock'N'Roll All Night
Aerosmith and Kiss will embark on a co-headlining North American tour beginning in August and running through October, sources confirm. The tour of approximately 40 dates will be produced by Clear Channel Entertainment and is expected to play 90% amphitheaters, with arenas and possibly a couple of stadiums also in the mix. Kiss will perform in full makeup, sources say, and Aerosmith will be touring in support of a new Columbia blues album. "We want to really try to get everybody in a room at the same time," bassist Tom Hamilton told Billboard.com about the album last September. "It's funny because it triggers all of the competition and uncomfortableness that we've always had going into the studio, and it's going to mean everybody is going to have to be open, vulnerable, and brave, and go in there and do that process like we used to do it." Aerosmith grossed nearly $40 million from touring in 2002. The group was recently nominated for the best rock performance by a duo or group with vocal for "Girls of Summer," drawn from last year's "O, Yeah! Ultimate Aerosmith Hits" compilation. Aerosmith has also signed on to appear at the Feb. 7 Salute to the Blues concert at New York's Radio City Music Hall. As for Kiss, the group grossed more than $60 million from its 2000-2001 "farewell" tour. As previously reported, Kiss will join the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra for a one-off Feb. 28 concert at the city's 48,000-capacity Telestra Dome. The group has also scheduled a March 11-13 stand at Tokyo's Budokan Hall.

I also heard or read the rumors somewhere that at first Aerosmith didn't want to do it and that KISS were the ones who did want this to happen. Supposedly, Gene Simmons was able to convince them that in this economy, that with the sheer logistics of it that they could each cut all of their expenses virtually in half, such as hall rentals, insurance, crews, ticket commisions, etc. (not to mention not having to pay/hire an opening act).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks