What's new

Aerosmith Hits on SACD (1 Viewer)

Walt O

Agent
Anybody else pick up the Oh Yeah Greatest Hits by Aerosmith on SACD? It's AMAZING how good the analog stuff sounds. It's like hearing an old song for the first time. It makes me want to back over my regular cds with the car. The recent stuff (last 2 albums) was recorded on Pro Tools PCM, and while it does not equal the stuff from analog, its still better than the cd versions. I hope Sony releases all their stuff on this format like they did for the Stones. Come on now, I can't be the only fan of rock music on here?

Walt O

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Walt,

There have been varying opinions on the Aerosmith SACD. Alot of people said this disc was not a shining example of the SACD format, and not a great jump over the standard CD. This disc is also mislabeled by Sony as being Multichannel when all it contains is a stereo track (I am sure you have found this out by now). I am a big rock fan so I am sticking with DVD-A where the selection is much better (Eagles, Metallica, Yes, Deep Purple, Elivis, Pink Floyd, Paul Simon, Foreigner, R.E.M, and Greatful Dead to name a few).

John Geelan

Screenwriter
The more I listen to "Oh Yeah" the more I like the sound of it.
It doesn't blow me away like the Metallica dvda does for instance but it is very listenable.

I wish they had done a Mult-Ch mix though.

GregK

Screenwriter
I wish they had done a Mult-Ch mix though
The twist is there already are many Aerosmith multi-channel mixes that date back to the original releases. At least three Aeromith releases ("Toys in the Attic", "Rocks", and "Get Your Wings") were released in the discrete quadraphonic format. ..."Back in the Saddle" simply rocks in surround!

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
While I like the Aerosmith SACD of Oh Yeah!, I feel that on some of the more recent tunes, they were mixed a little hot in the treble and they kinda scream off the speakers. A shining example of this is on "Angel". However, the early stuff is first rate including all the classics like "Sweet Emotion" and "Back in the Saddle". I would definately recommend this title, but feel that it's a mixed bag sonically.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks