Aerosmith dual disc SACD... anyone heard it??

Discussion in 'Music' started by Adam.Heckman, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Adam.Heckman

Adam.Heckman Second Unit

Just looking for somebody to give me a quick review on the 'greatest hits' Aerosmith dual disc SACD out there. I've only see it (at a brick and mortar) at circuit city and best buy. However, 25 to 30 bucks is a bit much for me to lay down.
    Anyways, the list of songs looks great, but has anyone heard the mix? does it sound good?

ANY thoughts, comments, or opinions are more than welcome.

Thanks in advance.

2. PaulDA

PaulDA Cinematographer

Paul
    If it's a DualDisc, then it isn't SACD. SACD is apparently incompatible with the new format coming out later this year. However, if it is a double disc collection, then it is likely SACD, as the rest of the hi-res Aerosmith releases have been SACD so far. Haven't heard it though, so I can't comment there. Just wanted you to avoid the confusion as yet another new format is set to debut.

3. Adam.Heckman

Adam.Heckman Second Unit

I am sorry for any confusion, it is indeed a TWO DISC SET.

However, you know have me interested in what DualDisc is. I know here in cambridge/boston they were testing a flipper disc that was Redbook and DVD-A... perhaps that is it?

4. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    No it is a double single layer SACD. If it was a DualDisc, it is on Sony and would have been released with a CD on one side and a low-res 5.1 mix on the other. It sounds good. I did a brief comparison of some stuff on regular CD. Falling behind listening as I have that one sitting out for a while waiting to make a CD-R for the car.

5. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

I have read mixed reviews on this one, and have held off a purchase.

But, if you are in to early Aerosmith (really, is there any other kind???), you want to get the SACD of Toys in the Attic. Lots of discussion about that one...search for TITA, and you should find 'em.

As far as hard rock goes, TITA is a reference quality MC SA-CD.

BGL

6. PaulDA

PaulDA Cinematographer

Paul

Yes, the flipper disc is DualDisc, set to debut nationwide between now and Feb., if the latest reports are accurate.

7. Adam.Heckman

Adam.Heckman Second Unit

Well, seeing as how I'm just a young buck of 23, I'm more familiar with 'newer' aerosmith.

Well, if I get the disks, I'll post up in this thread and let you guys know my humble opinion.

Thanks, all.

8. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

Cripes!

Eight years before you were born, I was getting my first taste of Aerosmith (1973, IIRC). Man, I feel old.

Holy cow! Look at the time! I need to take my nap, swallow a shot of Geritol, and change my Depends![​IMG]

BGL

9. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    Brian don't feel bad, I graduated college in 74 and have a much tougher time getting (sober or drunk) people to believe these days I was only 10 in 1974. I still try though. I did get one person to believe my hair is the color it is from painting my kitchen ceiling earlier that day.