What's new

Aerial 10t or Revel F30? (1 Viewer)

Len Cheong

Second Unit
Both seem to have similar specs but the Revels are priced lower. Which would you go for? The amps are going to be proceed (amp2/3).

James D

Second Unit
You're talking about a big difference in price. If I'm not mistaken, the 10t's go for $8000 in a premium finish and the F30's go for around $3500. A better comparison would be between the Aerial 6's and the F30's. With that beind said, I prefer the sound and looks of the 10t's. The F30's are also nice, but I love the silky smooth sound of the 10t's. You can find the 10t's used for around $3500 over at Audiogon, but beware that some of the earlier 10t's are prone to develop a crack in the tweeter. However, the crack is purely a cosmetic blemish and does not effect the performance. You won't go wrong either way. Good luck.

Len Cheong

Second Unit
Thanks for the tip, I did not know that about the 10ts. The reason I was considering the F30s is because of a great review in SGHT. The specs were even better than the Aerials. Pricewise, I sort of put them in the same category since there are many used 10ts around but the Performas are new and I would probably have a harder time finding them used. So, they came close in my budget. Cosmetically, I like the 10ts too. The Performas modern look is something I would have to get used to as well.

J

John Morris

Len: I'd get the 10Ts. Check out the dealer in Madison, MS. I believe he has a new black ash pair for sale for around $4500. He is one of the guys selling on Audiogon. I called and spoke with him and he will deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks