What's new

Aeon Flux? (1 Viewer)

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Excellent review Anthony! Bravo!

I was shocked when I saw the new DVD set listed at an HMV store's "Coming Soon" sign.

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
excellent review. been looking forward to this ever since the first Aeon dvd was released back in 97? (my first dvd purchase...back before I even owned a dvd player). Unfortunately I asked for the set for Christmas so I'll have to wait until then to see it. Glad to hear they've done it right after all this time. Maybe it'll make up for the travesty that the live action film is sure to be. :D

WillLon

Agent
Real Name
Wil
If you purchase the set at Best Buy it has a bonus CD of music from the show.

Oddly, my local BB had the set in the Family section ?!

Kris_AB

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kris
In Canada, you can get the free series soundtrack by picking it up at Future Shop. Future Shop is also one of the Canadian stores selling it the cheapest (Wal-Mart is like 40 cents lower and Amazon.ca is about a dollar less).

Been waiting a long time for this set. It's very well-made and the packaging is shiny. Many popular live-action shows don't even get treated this well, so for an animated series to be brought to DVD this professionally and with such obvious love behind the production is really kinda amazing (not to mention how welcome it is to see all the involvement from the creator and much of the rest of the crew/talent). It shouldn't be such a surprise though, this should be the standard.

I've forgotten a lot of the episodes (only really remember half of the ten full-length episodes clearly, plus maybe one or two of the shorts) and just didn't see some of them during the original run on YTV up here, so a lot of this either feels new again or is new to me. Such an awesome show and set.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Minireview of the video transfer, first episode:

Some specks of dirt here and there. Color palette slightly muted, but likely intentional.

Some edge enhancement - most noticeable around character faces.

No deinterlacing artifacts spotted.

Overall, a nice transfer and much better than most of the anime titles you see nowadays that are priced more than double.

I wish all animated titles would look this good. For sake of comparison, Futurama's season 1 DVD transfer is horrid - deinterlacing/combing artifacts everywhere!

Vincent Fok

Agent
Is the animated collection going OOP? The product listing on Amazon.com has been taken off. I'd had it in my wish list for a few months and now it says 'This title is no longer available'. I checked other online retailers and they still have it in stock though. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks