What's new

Aeon Flux (1 Viewer)

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor
Any gossip regarding a complete Aeon Flux DVD release? It came out as a 3-cassette box set on VHS a few years back. My third tape is pretty worn, and I'd rather get a DVD replacement.

Ken Stuart

Second Unit
There is a single Aeon Flux DVD but it is now out of print and sells for roughly $100.

An Amazon customer gives a good description of it:
This 2 hour disc contains 4 original episodes from the TV series, 4 shorts seen on Liquid Television and 1 lengthy never-before-seen short. The episodes seem to be centered around Trevor Goodchild's controlled city.
PS If your tape is wearing out, you can legally make a copy of it for your own personal use, either to another VHS tape, or better yet, digitally on your PC to VCD.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I've got the DVD, found it used for about $12. Question: does the disc represent the contents of all 3 vhs tapes, or just the first, or a mix of the 3?

Sean Aaron

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Aaron
I used to have the first two VHS tapes (didn't know there was a third) and the DVD is definitely only the first...I sold all my VHS ages ago and was disappointed that there was no followup for Aeon on DVD...I still have the now out-of-print disc, but would gladly sell it if I knew there was a complete set coming on dual-layer disc.

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
I had a friend get hosed by getting the bait and switch on Ebay. The seller said a couple of times it was a new DVD; instead he got a fake VCD.

Matt Rexer

Stunt Coordinator
MTV doesn't seem to care about its Liquid TV-era toons at all. Even in 1997 when the AF DVD came out, it was essentially a direct port of the VHS version's master with some chapter markers thrown in. MTV put minimal work into it. They haven't said a peep about AF since.
All of the eps were released on the tapes. But they were completely out of order on them, mixing the 5 min season 1 eps with the 30 min season 2 eps. Here's how I remember them breaking down:
Tape 1/DVD = Pilot, 4 season one, 4 season two
Tape 2 = 1 season one, 3 season two
Tape 3 = 3 season two
Sometimes Peter Chung drops by here, but there is zero DVD news.
Me, I took the 3-tape set and the DVD and turned them into a 3-DVD-R set for myself. Love it. Nothing like being able to pop in a disc and skip directly to the episode I want to watch. Plus, my tapes were starting to decay on me...

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
IMO, I believe that MTV still owns the rights to Aeon Flux. MTV totally sucks when it comes to DVD's. Basically, MTV releases very little of their older shows onto DVD & when they do release their shows on DVD, it is almost always a best of disc (their are exceptions such as Real World & The Osburnes, these are released in season format.)

IMO, MTV should take all of their older shows such as Aeon Flux, Liquid Television, Beavis & Butthead, etc & release these shows onto DVD in season format w/ uncut episodes.

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Did AF (legit) DVD come with an insert?
Got mine used and no insert.
Would be helpful too know, if I am going to sell this sucker for a $100!

MTV, I want my Nirvana Unplugged!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Did AF (legit) DVD come with an insert?
Got mine used and no insert.
No, no insert. Just a tri-fold "Sony Music" catalog of their DVD offerings. You can steal one out of a same-era "Elmopalooza" or similar offering and the AF release would be "complete". :)
Better be, for $100!!! :eek:

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
No insert in my vintage ultra-rare Aeon Flux DVD, that I bought the day it came out, for $24 CDN.

Wow I actually have something of value?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks