Adware and Firefox vs IE

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Drew Bethel, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Drew Bethel

Drew Bethel Screenwriter

I run Adware and all the spyware found comes from IE...is it even configured or capapble of capturing spyware picked up by Firefox?

I did a test and ran Firefox for several weeks and then run Adware and nothing was found. Alternatively, the same test with IE yielded many spyware hits!

I can't believe that Firefox is this impervious to spyware.

2. Mike Fassler

Mike Fassler Supporting Actor

yup tis` true. why do you think people use it [​IMG] IE isnt designed to stop anything. you can still get some spyware thou just not from browsin.

3. Neal_C

Neal_C Second Unit

Yes, Firefox is that good. I run Adaware and Firefox as well and it hasn't detected spyware in months.

Neal

4. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

I'm not sure why people seem to think firefox is absolutely bulletproof, because it's already been demonstrated that it isn't. Sure, it's much tighter than IE is, but part of the benefit of the browser is that there's such a small minority that uses it. More users=more exposure=more spyware & exploits.

Functionality wise though, it's much better than IE (except for the memory leaks).

5. Tekara

Tekara Supporting Actor

I doubt anyone thinks firefox is bulletproof, but a combination of it's use by more computer saavy folks and tighter build makes it less desireable to make spyware and viruii for.

6. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    i'm not sure why people seem to think that people seem to think that firefox is absolutely bulletproof. nobody said it was bulletproof, and i doubt anyone here even thinks that. ive had terrific results with spyware using firefox, and i'll keep using it until something better comes along.

CJ

7. Patrick_L

Patrick_L Second Unit

i would have to agree with the two previous posts.

yep.