Advise on Project Selection

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Alexey_G, Nov 23, 2003.

1. Alexey_G

Alexey_G Auditioning

Nov 20, 2003
    After much research I have narrowed my search down to four potential projectors. Please keep in mind I wish to watch DVDs and play video games. I wish to keep the screen door effect to a minimum, and get the best quality picture I can. Price is also a consideration, but I am willing to pay more for a quality projector.

I have narrowed it down to these four:
    Infocus X1
    Panny L300U (it's specs boast that it minimizes the screendor effect)
    Sanyo Z1
    Sanyo Z2

If anyone can provide me with any input or personal experience, please let me know.
  2. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

May 5, 2002
    I demoed the X1 for 10 days...and it is a great machine. Remember if you are not using an interlaced DVD player you should use the s-video connection with a component to s-video adapter. If you have a progressive dvd player you should use the VGA input with a component to vga adapter. It is a 4:3 native and will do 16:9 with larger top/bottom borders. More bulb life then the Sanyo and infocus has a trade in program(not sure how it works). Only downside is rainbows(if you can see them).

I chose the Z1 because I wanted a true 16:9 picture and well I love it and I am very happy with my choice. I think if you can wait a month or 2 more reviews will be out with the Sanyo Z2 and you may want to get that one for the price.
    Who know maybe Z1/Panny 300 prices will drop a little...

Give us some more info: room size, distance from 1st row to screen, Screen size wanted.....