What's new

advice (1 Viewer)

* Allan !

Auditioning
I've just bought a new DVD player and now I'm thinking of buying some good speakers and subwoofers but I have no idea of what I can buy... Can I get a piece of advice here?

Dave Milne

Supporting Actor

Five of these:

and one of these:

'Should be in the neighborhood of $250K for the set. You could move up to the X-1s... but then you're talking some serious money:D

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Dave,

You forgot to mention the center channel should sit right on top of a 19" TV! Edit: I should add here for those that aren't familiar with those photos, a single Wilson Audio MAXX is about 400 lbs., and an X1 is about 600 lbs. Do you think at 80+ inches high and 700 lbs. that the subwoofer would disappear into the corner?

Seriously Allan, the place to start is with a ballpark of your budget, your listening habits, your current gear, and your listening environment.

-Robb

John S

Senior HTF Member
Current list of Audio and Visual equipment please?
And of course how much do you want to spend?

What are your goals with your Audio / Video needs?
Will the system be used often for Music listening?

Let us know, we love to share our experiences and degrees of satisfaction with equipment we have used / owned / installed.

Dave Milne

Supporting Actor
As others have said, Allan, please provide a little more info and we will be glad to share what we think might help.

I apologize for my previous not-very-helpful, weak-humorous-attempt response... especially since John was so kind over on the "sources" forum.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks