Advice

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Carl Gaff, Apr 29, 2003.

1. Carl Gaff

Carl Gaff Second Unit

My son is currently in the process of building a new computer for me (he does computer stuff and I do home theater stuff). I'm having him install a good video card and a large hard drive so I can record TV broadcasts.

Here's my dilemma: My computer is in one room and my Mitsubishi big screen is in another. What's the best (meaning easiest)way to get the signal from my computer to my tv so I can watch my pre-recorded shows?

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Carl Gafford

2. David_N

David_N Stunt Coordinator

When I used to use my PC record TV in the other room I just used a long cable. It worked for me since I could run the cable behind furniture so it wasn't easily visible. But you could always drill some holes through walls.[​IMG]

3. Carl Gaff

Carl Gaff Second Unit

Thanks for the info Dave. What type of cable did you run?

Carl

4. Tekara

Tekara Supporting Actor

I use a 50ft Svid cable for my run to the Living from the computer (with a 50ft RCA cable for digi-coax) and then for the Living room to the computer I used a RCA->coax converter box and use the TV tuner in my comp to pick up the second room output.

5. Carl Gaff

Carl Gaff Second Unit

Thanks Rob. I was leaning towards your solution since I have a couple of extra Camelot s-video amps lying around. I hate the thought of crawling around in the attic (isulation)again, but for a good picture I guess it's worth it.

Carl