What's new

advice wanted on an entry-level DVD-player (1 Viewer)

Reza Curtmola

Auditioning
I am not sure which one of the following entry-level DVD players should I choose:

Toshiba SD2800
Panasonic RV-32K
Pioneer DV-353K

They all are in about the same price range ($120-$140), and there are small pros and cons for each of them, like Toshiba doesn't have a good browser for MP3 files or Panasonic has only optical digital output (no coax), doesn't see all MP3 files on a CD-R, but has support for WMA files, or Pioneer has a cool look, being very slim, etc.

So, based on your experience with these players, could anybody make a recommendation, giving a good reason why I should choose one of the above 3 mentioned players ?

Jon Bye

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jon Bye
I have tried a toshiba 3750 and a panasonic RP56, both were good units. The Toshiba had more features but had the chroma bug while the RP56 did not have great the chroma bug but lacked a zoom and no coaxial out for digital sound.

Both Panasonic and Toshiba make quality units, maybe you should let price dictate your decision if you do not need any particular features

Reza Curtmola

Auditioning
Can somebody that has had experience with any of the 3 players specified in the first post of this thread , give his/her opionion, please ?

thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks