advice wanted on an entry-level DVD-player

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Reza Curtmola, Jun 10, 2002.

1. Reza Curtmola

Reza Curtmola Auditioning

I am not sure which one of the following entry-level DVD players should I choose:

Toshiba SD2800
    Panasonic RV-32K
    Pioneer DV-353K

They all are in about the same price range ($120-$140), and there are small pros and cons for each of them, like Toshiba doesn't have a good browser for MP3 files or Panasonic has only optical digital output (no coax), doesn't see all MP3 files on a CD-R, but has support for WMA files, or Pioneer has a cool look, being very slim, etc.

So, based on your experience with these players, could anybody make a recommendation, giving a good reason why I should choose one of the above 3 mentioned players ?

2. Jon Bye

Jon Bye Stunt Coordinator

Jon Bye
    May I ask what kind of TV are you connecting it to?

3. Reza Curtmola

Nothing fancy, a 27 or 32 inch tube TV, so no progressive output needed from the player.

4. Jon Bye

Jon Bye Stunt Coordinator

Jon Bye
    I have tried a toshiba 3750 and a panasonic RP56, both were good units. The Toshiba had more features but had the chroma bug while the RP56 did not have great the chroma bug but lacked a zoom and no coaxial out for digital sound.

Both Panasonic and Toshiba make quality units, maybe you should let price dictate your decision if you do not need any particular features

5. Reza Curtmola

Can somebody that has had experience with any of the 3 players specified in the first post of this thread , give his/her opionion, please ?

thank you