What's new

Advice on Towers for <$500 shipped (1 Viewer)

Jin E

Second Unit
Subject says it all. I am really leaning towards some Phase Techs. The problem is that the only ones I can get for under $500 clash with my living room (Read About it Here )
So far in the runnning are:
1) Def Tech Teatro 7.5VDT in Rosewood (Clashes!!!)
2) Kef Cresta 3 (Unheard)
3) Home Thater Direct Level III Tower (Unheard)
What else can you guys think of under $500? I'm not a fan of Klipsch or Infinity... anything else in game! These will have to be something I can mail order too...

Alexander_J

Auditioning
How about some JBL ND310's for $440 shipped from JandR.com. Great bass-pushin' spealers. Or i think for just over $500 the PSB Image 4T's are VERY good for the money.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
If you have or have access to some tools and are willing to take the time you could give the Adire Kit281 vented or transmission line a try. The kit will run you $340 USD. Then you have to build and finish the cabinet (which shouldn't be hard with the remaining $160 in your budget). So you can make them match your living room.
Some who have built them rank them as good or better than the likes of the Paradigm Studio100 and B&W 804.
http://www.adireaudio.com
They have a DIY gallery that will lead you to some webpages of those who have built them. Also a search in the DIY area here will turn up a bunch of results.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks