Advice on these eBay speakers?

MarcusDiddle

Stunt Coordinator
I've got a pool room that's wired for speakers in every corner. I'm not looking to spend a ton of money on this, just want to get some speakers in there to extend the music and tv from my main theater area. So I checked eBay first for in-wall speakers, and found these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110029995827

* 5 Individual Speakers
* For In-Wall, In-Ceiling, Indoor / Outdoor, Home Theater, Stereo, and Marine Applications
* Power Handling Capabilities
* 100 Watts Minimum RMS to 200 Watts Maximum
* Frequency Response 45 Hz to 22 KHz ± 3 dB
* Rubber Surround
* Sensitivity @ 1 watt / 1 meter 95 dB
* High Rigidity Polypropylene Cone with Extended Throw Drive Assembly
* 12mm Soft Dome Tweeter
* Crossover Frequency 2200 Hz
* 8 Ohm Single Voice Coil
* Mounting Depth 2-3/4 Inches
* White Paintable Grills
* Life time warranty

Aside from being an off-brand of speakers, is there any reason these wouldn't serve my needs for the most part? They've sold tons of these speakers on eBay, and I've actually sent e-mails to 5 or 6 of the previous buyers to get their opinion on them.

kevitra

Second Unit
They are probably fine for pool room speakers. I use $30 in-ceiling speakers from Parts Express and they work great in our bathroom/bedroom. You don't need exotic speakers for a 'utility' room unless you plan on also using it for critical listening.

MarcusDiddle

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I do throw quite a few parties and events, and the pool room tends to become the center for socializing and such. I want the music to sound decent enough for that kind of scenario.

I actually think I may go with some Athena WS-15 satellite speakers. My main home theater area uses all Athena speakers as well, so I'll keep it in the family.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canzanareview