What's new

Advice on SVS subs (1 Viewer)

JoelM

Stunt Coordinator
I remember taking the SVS plunge a few months back and picked up the dual 25-31CS+ with the Sampon1000 amp. Let me just say that I was amazed at the results and nothing has made an impact as much as it. My room is 20x30 and fills it more then enough. The only question is my girlfriend wants some bass in the living room, so I might pick up dual 20-39 Ultras and switch them with the ones in the HT room. :) She'll never know.

Jon_Liu

Stunt Coordinator
lol, let me know if she doesn't notice TWO gaping towers and say "wait a minute, wasn't there just one?" LoL, my guess is that she will notice. But good luck on that one! I hope it works out for ya!! I am still trying to figure out how I can conceal a single 20-39!! Fortunately I don't think my family is too observant when it comes to such things. Anytime they "think" they see something new in regards to my equipment, I reassure them, it's just been "in a different position." It works out both ways I suppose, because things that actually HAVE been there for a while, they might just notice suddenly! Oh well, still lookin forward to receiving my 20-39PCi on Friday!

Regards,
Jon

Sean_B

Stunt Coordinator
You guys are making it hard for me to wait on getting a SVS sub! I've waited a long time so 3 weeks isn't too bad. But after reading the posts about feeling the bass in your chest that is what my system is missing.

Jon_Liu

Stunt Coordinator
I think the thing that makes me so impatient about getting my SVSub is reading posts regarding SVSubs in general. Everytime I read one, I get more eager to get mine. I've tried to limit how much time I spend online now because the more I spend online, the more I search for more stuff to read on these subs! Oh well.. life is just one big waiting period.

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
It is well worth the wait. I'm about to do the driver upgrade on my CS 20-39 and I already have plans to bring home a friend for it. it looks lonely by itself and needs a brother on the other side of the room. :)

Jonathan_

Second Unit
I'm ordering my SVS 16-46PCi next Tuesday. Does anybody know how long it usually takes for SVS to ship the subs?

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
We often ship the same business day...and by the next business day 98% of the time I would guess. This may drop back a day though(to 1-2 business days until an order is shipped) as we begin shipping the PC+ preorders soon. Once we get all the preorders out---we'll likely be back to the same *same day,or next business day* shipping for all products.

TV

Jason Co

Second Unit
Tom,
Is there still a cutoff date for the summer sale? If so, how much can we expect the price to go up? My wife can only handle so much upgrade in a short period of time, but I do feel that the sub right now is the last missing piece for my setup. Like I said in the intitial post, my WM40 does a nice job, although I feel there is room for improvement. I also read that if I send you guys my room dimensions you would give me your honest opinion on which model would be best for me. Could you explain where and how I can do that?

Thanks,
Jason

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Jason,

Think hard about your performance goals, and your budget, and if those look "green" fax us a sketch of your room (include all dimensions, your seating, and openings to other rooms) at 330-793-8183.

Make sure your name and e-mail address, and any key budget limitations are on the fax so we can match that up with a cogent response!

Till then,

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks