What's new

Advice on Speakers for Home Theater (1 Viewer)

Kevinicus

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin
I'm preparing to build a home theater in the basement. The dimensions of the room after some walls are constructed will be approximately 13.5 W x 24 L x 7.75 H. There's a good chance I won't be able to get a baffle wall put in (because of ducting in the back pushing the seating forward), so I may have to go with inwalls for my LCR. I've not had a chance to demo much (finding it a little difficult to find good places locally), so I'm flying a little blind. It has been suggested to me that I go with a system of Klipsch KL-7800s for LCR, and KS-525's for surrounds and back. To compliment that, two SVS PB-2000's. They also said if budget was less of an issue then they would recommend Triad Golds or RBH-6100s. Right now budget it is an issue, because I'm still trying to figure it out. I have an overall budget to work with, but construction/install costs will somewhat dictate equipment costs. If I can save somewhere, then the budget might open up for some higher end speakers.

Someone else has been suggesting TruAudio speakers or Definitive Technology (I'm not sure which models though).

Any thoughts on the various options/brands, or better alternatives?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks