Advice on Sony CRT KV36FS100

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Father John A, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Father John A

Father John A Stunt Coordinator

I have decided that, regardless of the good advice and may I say very convincing advice I have received here regarding a RP CRT, with Tivo and kids I think it would be a monumental mistake.

I would be more comfortable with DLP or improved LCD. The cost is still too high for me.

In light of this I am considering an interim tube based mostly on price. As my main concern is DVD viewing, I am not overly concerned with HD content but will wait for the next upgrade. Tweeter.com has the KV36FS100 for $799 with free shipping. This would be a marked updgrade from my current 15 year old 27" trinitron.

Any thoughts?

2. Jimi C

Jimi C Screenwriter

Why would you blow $800 if you just plan to upgrade as soon as you can afford it? And there is no way i would consider spending $800 on a standard definition tv.. if you plan on paying out that kind of money just to upgrade in a year, you might as well spend $1200 and get an rptv and see what happens..

3. Father John A

Father John A Stunt Coordinator

You are right, of course. Desperation made me consider it. I guess I'll just have to wait another year or so.