Advice on repalcing blown speakers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sheila, May 25, 2002.

1. Sheila

Sheila Auditioning

I am looking to replace my blown infinity speakers. I have an Infinity sub woofer BU-120 120v 200W and an Infinity center speaker 10-100W-8ahm Model cc-2 type 332141 and a Denon receiver AVR-3200. I am not audio savy at all and hate going to store when I don't know what they are talking about. Any suggestins on what to buy? I am looking to spend under $400.00. Bookshelve are fine with me. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

I suppose if you want to stick to infinity you could get the Infinity IL10 which goes for about $300. like at crutchfield
    They will go great with a subwoofer adding bass to the bookshelfs.
    However you might not get good voice matching with your current center channel unless you got the Infinity IL25C which uses the same tweeter as the IL10 speakers. By voice matching I mean the sound from your center channel will have a different tonal quality than the IL10s.
    If you would like a different budget brand you could get the JBL S38s for $275 and the JBL S-center for $150.
    Very cute with how you included all the info you could on your speakers. hehe, Something I would do.