Advice on Projector Screen

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Joseph Giacomo, Jul 1, 2004.

1. Joseph Giacomo

Looking for a screen once I get my first projector. ANy advice on good ones around the 600 buck range? My only requirement is that its widescreen format. If motorized then even better but not required. THanks everyone!

2. MarkB

MarkB Extra

What kind of projector?
    How large of a screen?
    How much ambient light in room?

More details would help. How are you going to use the projector?

3. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

What mark said.

Giving screen recommendations without knowing at all what kind of setup you have and what you are trying to achieve with the video is pointless.

4. Chris Moe

Chris Moe Screenwriter

5. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

That's a great little screen explanation, I'd only want to add in about gray screens for digitals, but that's a good start for info! [​IMG]

6. Joseph Giacomo

Sorry guys I made that post from work when it was busy so I appologise for the lack of info. Ok.....

I am looking at the Screenplay 4805 (Native widescreen). No much light in my room. Just a single venetian blind covered window so the light will be easily controlled. Looking at an 80 to 100invh screen. Better?

7. Thomas Willard

Thomas Willard Stunt Coordinator

I just ordered a Da-Lite 45X80 deluxe model B in matte white for my home theater. While there are other surfaces available through Da-Lite, I prefer the matte white. It is a manual pull down screen with a tensioner so the screen is flat. You can get one for about $210.00 delivered. Da-Lite also has the contour series, but for the same size and screen surface you are at about $900.00. The contour series is a stretched fabric screen with a three inch border. Hangs on the wall like a picture.