advice on Paradigm CC270 and speakers purchase

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric_M, Dec 29, 2001.

1. Eric_M

Eric_M Stunt Coordinator

Anyone hear this center yet? I just ordered it, I know I should have heard it first but it is my understanding they will sound a little better than the 170 yet not as good as the 370.

I am wondering now, if I should have went with the 370 instead?

Here is what I am expecting to have now

Paradigm Monitor 7

Paradigm Titans for rears

Paradigm cc270

Onkyo595

I haven't decided on the sub yet. I don't know whether to get the PDR 10 or 12 or jump to the PS1000. The PS1000 may be a bit much for my setup and room. I just don't want to get the PDR series and find out I have to max it out to hear decent bass either.

Any advice is most appreciated

2. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

I know that the CC-370 will be a perfect match for the Monitor 7's, with same woofers and tweeters. I am not sure about the cc-270. The CC-370 will probably give you a better sound field across the front.

3. JohnKings

JohnKings Stunt Coordinator

Eric:

If I were you I would go with the cc-370. I really like mine, though I am about to upgrade to all Studio series speakers. I really found the cc-170 to be boxey sounding. The cc-370 sounds just right with the monitor series speakers. As such, I have to believe I would be underwhelmed with the 270's performance. Keep in mind, the cc-370 is the matching center for the monitor series. Finally, in my mind, from a HT standpoint, there are two things you shouldn't skimp on : 1. The Subwoofer and 2. the Center Channel.

Best of luck!

John

4. Eric_M

Eric_M Stunt Coordinator

Hmm maybe I should just not be so cheap and go for the CC370 then. It is another 100 more.

5. Jeff D.

Jeff D. Supporting Actor

The CC-270 is not matched to the Monitor Series in Paradigm's line.

The CC-270 is a brand new model in the _Performance_ Series, which is Paradigm's entry level series. The CC-370 is the only CC that is matched to the Monitor Series.

The CC-270 uses brand new technology from Paradigm, seen only in their newly redesigned Phantom and Legend speakers.

----

Jeff

6. Adil M

Adil M Supporting Actor

Can you expand on the brand new technology?