What's new

advice on Paradigm CC270 and speakers purchase (1 Viewer)

Eric_M

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone hear this center yet? I just ordered it, I know I should have heard it first but it is my understanding they will sound a little better than the 170 yet not as good as the 370.

I am wondering now, if I should have went with the 370 instead?

Here is what I am expecting to have now

Paradigm Monitor 7

Paradigm Titans for rears

Paradigm cc270

Onkyo595

I haven't decided on the sub yet. I don't know whether to get the PDR 10 or 12 or jump to the PS1000. The PS1000 may be a bit much for my setup and room. I just don't want to get the PDR series and find out I have to max it out to hear decent bass either.

Any advice is most appreciated

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I know that the CC-370 will be a perfect match for the Monitor 7's, with same woofers and tweeters. I am not sure about the cc-270. The CC-370 will probably give you a better sound field across the front.

JohnKings

Stunt Coordinator
Eric:

If I were you I would go with the cc-370. I really like mine, though I am about to upgrade to all Studio series speakers. I really found the cc-170 to be boxey sounding. The cc-370 sounds just right with the monitor series speakers. As such, I have to believe I would be underwhelmed with the 270's performance. Keep in mind, the cc-370 is the matching center for the monitor series. Finally, in my mind, from a HT standpoint, there are two things you shouldn't skimp on : 1. The Subwoofer and 2. the Center Channel.

Best of luck!

John

Eric_M

Stunt Coordinator
Hmm maybe I should just not be so cheap and go for the CC370 then. It is another 100 more.

Jeff D.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
The CC-270 is not matched to the Monitor Series in Paradigm's line.

The CC-270 is a brand new model in the _Performance_ Series, which is Paradigm's entry level series. The CC-370 is the only CC that is matched to the Monitor Series.

The CC-270 uses brand new technology from Paradigm, seen only in their newly redesigned Phantom and Legend speakers.

----

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks