Advice on "Mass Storage" DVD Players

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Adam_K, Jan 15, 2002.

1. Adam_K

Adam_K Auditioning

I was hoping someone could give me someone advice on these players...specifically those holding 200+ dvd's.

The best one I have found so far is the Pioneer DV-F727 (300+1 discs) but it is about 1 1/2 years old which scares me as the player technology has advanced a lot in that time.

Does anyone here have this player or one like it that can help me? Does anyone know if there are any new ones that are just out or will be coming out soon (I have been unable to find any that have come out within the past year - that don't cost $1000!)

Thanks for you help!

Adam

2. Grant B

Grant B Producer

well I can tell you a little about the model I have...sony dvp 860 which is a 300 +1

I found mine for a great price ($329) and can't complain. It has great video quality (I have a 32 in Wega) and has performed flawlessly once I got the hang of it.

the explorer is a little slow...but it has great features like being able to flip discs at a touch of a button

I would really want something great for $1000....hope that kenwood is really incredible for the price difference

grant

3. Robert M

Robert M Agent

For Christmas, my wife bought me the Onkyo DV-M301. This is a 301 disk DVD/CD player. Although I have not played around with it that much, it appears to be a very good CD player and a more than adequet DVD player. I am not using it as my primary DVD player, but intend to mass store music video's and my CD collection. It is very easy to operate with its supplied remote or with an attached keyboard or mouse.

Bob