Advice on Home Theater system

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brad Gable, Nov 4, 2002.

1. Brad Gable

Brad Gable Extra

Hi All,

I am new to the Home Theater arena and would like some advice. I have been doing some research and am planning to buy some components for a Home Theater system. Below is a list of what I think I want. I would like to know if the system I am proposing is good or is there another way to go. Also I would like to know if anyone has had problems with any of the stuff listed.

Pioneer Elite PRO-720HD 64" Rear Projection TV
    Yamaha RX-V1 receiver
    Pioneer Elite DVD 45a
    B & W 604 S3 speakers for the front
    B & W LCR 600 for the center
    B & W LCR 60 for the rears
    B & W 675 sub.

Thanks for the help.

Brad

2. Darren Mortensen

Darren Mortensen Stunt Coordinator

Brad,

You and I will get along great. B&W speakers are awesome with warm and accurate audio reproduction. They will last you a lifetime. The Yamaha receiver is bullet proof, and will accompany the B&W's beautifully!

You may want to checkout the SVS line of true subwoofers to mate with the B&W's for the best in low freq. effects.

I cannot comment on the monitor or DVD player. But I have had Yamaha and B&W products for seven years...Yamaha is quick to respond to any issues or problems, as well as B&W authorities!

3. Gary Thomas

Gary Thomas Second Unit

Brad...wow! That's a kick-_ss system!

As an owner of the 720's little brother, the Pioneer Elite 610, I can highly recommend it. The build quality and aesthetics alone make a serious statement. I recommend that you have a trained ISF technicion calibrate your new set. He will help you dial in the correct picture settings. (I think I read that Pioneer is coming out with a 730 soon)

I've not heard or read a lot about B&W subwoofers. There are lots of great subs to check out from SVS, HSU, Paradigm, and Energy. I've had 3 of those 4, plus a great little sub from Klipsch & can recommend all of them.

Have fun setting it up...don't be afraid to ask for help!

4. Brad Gable

Brad Gable Extra

Thanks guys for the feedback. I'm excited about the equipment. As far as the trained ISF technician when should I have them come in. I have heard that I should wait a month or two before doing this. Is that correct? Also any idea on what the cost might be.

Thanks
    Brad

5. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor