What's new

Advice on dvd and a/v receivers for my dlp (1 Viewer)

Steve!C

Auditioning
I am moving from a "projection" tv with surround built in, to a "dlp projector" (NEC LT240K). I would like some advice on what I need to setup my home theatre around what I have. I am considering the Momitsu 880DX as a dvd source since it can provide 1080i. (Any advice here?)

And I need to plug into my audio system which currently does not include a receiver that "decodes". I have an older Pioneer a/v receiver with 100 watts rms (x4). I have a Carver 400 watt rms amplifier (x2) that I use to drive some massive AR speakers up front. Can anyone tell me what I should consider to replace this receiver that would provide me with surround capability and maximize the video capability of the Momitsu & NEC?

Thanks to all you smart folks!

John S

Senior HTF Member
DLP would benefit froma player that can output the displays native resolution via DVI. Just search here for any info on the players that have this capability.

On the Audio side, you will get so many different opinions here. But it is generally best to start off by stating a budget for the audio to get started. I really like the Denon 3805 on features -vs- value -vs- performance. But there are many great AVR's out there to choose from. With enough budget, or course you can get into even better separates for even more performance.

Steve!C

Auditioning
What would the advantages be for the Denon 3805 over the 2805? I already have a carver 400rms amp which I use to drive my front AR speakers. Is there any real benefit that would justify the 3805 price difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks