Advice on DJ-type speakers?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jonas Pearson, Dec 12, 2002.

1. Jonas Pearson

Jonas Pearson Stunt Coordinator

Any DJ's out there? I frequently entertain outside in warmer weather and am looking for a recommendation for some DJ-type speakers or something similar that would work outside. I'd prefer something that can be set up on stands. I've rented the stuff before, but it is a pain to pick up and return. I have an Audiosource Amp Four, 2 x 150w at 8 ohms. My deck is about 14' x 24', with the yard extending maybe 75' further back. Looking to spend approximately $500/pair. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jonas

2. Ron_L

Ron_L Second Unit

150watts is a little on the small side for a DJ type application. If you not interested in upgrading your amps as well, you might want to check out some of Yamaha or JBL DJ speakers.

3. Danny Spencer

Danny Spencer Auditioning

Check out www.carvin.com
    It is mail order, but good quality and bang for the buck.
    I use alot of Carvin gear when I play out at the various clubs around Cincinnati.
    Danny

4. David Devaux

David Devaux Agent

Check here: http://www.pssl.com/
    Also mail order. Great packages, all brands. You can also get a catalog sent to you monthly for new updates.
    I used to order from them when I used to DJ. Very easy to deal with.
    I also agree 150 Watts is a little low, especially if your working outside. This site has some great deals on combo-packages if your thinking about upgrading.