What's new

Advice on Daewoo 42" Plasma? (1 Viewer)

John Simon

Second Unit
Hi, I was wondering if anyone out there has any experience with the Daewoo 42" Plasma TV (DP42SM). Best Buy will be selling it extremely cheaply on Black Friday, and the price makes it hard to believe the set can be very good. However, a review I read at Epinions.com gave it high marks (but there was only one review). If anyone can provide some help with this, I'd REALLY appreciate it. Thanks ahead of time!

Rik P

Stunt Coordinator
Watch when all off the displays are displaying a short pause between comercials where the all of the Plasma's are displaying a solid black image and youll notice the the Daewoo has the worst representaion for blacks almost a medium grey. This is what makes the difference between a 2500 display and a 5000 display.
I was at Best buy last week, and was there about 30 Min and saw two of them being bought. If you can live with "Grey" Blacks then your not going to find a better deal.

Rick

Brian@BBY

Auditioning
buy a brand you can trust. daewoo can't make good cars or crt sets....and their plasma is lacking in alot of ways.

spend a little more and get a good brand. i speak from experience. went through 2 defective daewoo dp42sm's and finally returned it for the samsung spn4235.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks