What's new

Advice on Cambridge Soundworks (1 Viewer)

ChrisMcK

Stunt Coordinator
I've been looking at some of their speaker packages and complete HT systems.
I'm starting out and would really prefer the complete package, like the Mega Theater packages. For a small to medium sized room that is not dedicated to home theater. Anyone have opinions on these. I listened to them in the store and they sounded good to my novice ear. I plan on going back with my own DVD's and CD's to listen and watch again.
Also, it doesn't support Dolby Pro Logic II but sad it was upgradable with a cd rom - can someone explain this. I don't watch VHS so is Pro Logic II really necessary?

Thanks
for the help

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
The Mega Theater system would be adequate for your use, and probably you would be quite well impressed.

CD-Rom updates mean that the internal software of the player can have the Pro-Logic II feature added to it. It's like adding new software to your computer. Bose lifestyle systems use CD software updates to do things like tweak with the EQ. (Here's Bose trickery in action: Consumers complaining about lack of bass? Rather than improve the design, just EQ the bass up a bunch! Caveat emptor...)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks