What's new

Advice on budget setup. (1 Viewer)

EmanuelG

Auditioning
Hi, been a long time lurker and finally have money to begin my journey into home theater since i am a broak student. Well i have a budget of $400 to spend on a 5.0/2.0 system, so before i begine here is some info:
My basement room is 11x16 with carpet and low ceilings , so it kinda small. Going to purchase a h/k avr325, so im set there. I have have a cheap panasonic sub to last for a bit too.
Well for the 5.0 ill get the athena point5 mkII package for 299 with free shipping. The athenas as i read require time for break in before you hear them at their best and are more of a brighter sound(hence i choose a warm reciever). With the $100 left i'll spend on stands for the rears. If i go for 2.0 i'll get the ascend acoustics cbm-170. This system will be used with an x-box for dvds,games and music.

Jimi C

Screenwriter
$400 is just for speakers (and stands if necessary)?

If i were you, and i could do it all over again, id go 2.0 now and buy some nice mains...

Since you mentioned you like athena..

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....4&type=product

on sale right now for around $375 a pair and they have free shipping. Save up and add the center and surrounds later.

(wish i went this route)

EmanuelG

Auditioning
I decided on the cbm-170 as i know, i will get upgradtidus from the athenas. Thanks for your post jimi, as it help solidify my decision, I kinda came on the thread wrong including a 5.0 system as i can afford to buy stuff in a couple of weeks, just anxious. Thanks.

Jimi C

Screenwriter

I know the feeling... i wish i would have saved more before my last speaker purchase. Oh well.. a few years and ill do it all over again. :emoji_thumbsup:

Ryan Leemhuis

Second Unit
yeah after looking at what I got...I think I would rather have gone 2.0 and then added to it. Sure you don't have surround sound right away...but you get a lot better speakers in the end

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks