What's new

Advice on a Plasma? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Jenkins

Auditioning
Does anyone have a recommendation for a Plasma screen? I'm looking into the smaller screens (around 42''), preferably under or around $7k. The most promising screen I've seen has been the NEC 42MP3, but am open to any other suggestions. This will be part of my hometheater setup, so 16:9 format will be important, but I will also use it frequently as a computer display (DVI input would be nice). Let me know what you guys recommend.. Thanks.

Jeff,

I just bought a Fujitsu PDS 4229 W which seemed to be a special offer, since it sold at $5100. It is much better than the others around this price, particularly contrast and crispness. It has AV, S-Video, component and RS 232C inputs. I am very happy with the result.

Later I found that Fujitsu have upgraded their 42" plasma to have around 1000 vertical pixels instead of my 800, and upgraded the price back to $ 11 000! This may be why they cut the old model price, and there may be something similar going on in the US. No doubt the newer spec is better, but as I say I'm happy with what I have.

By the way, the Spouse Approval Factor (SAF) on a wall mounted plasma is great, since it allowed another sofa into the lounge room. And the gain in real estate by disposing of the old 32" 16x9 on a big cabinet was way more than the cost of the plasma plus sofa! HK property ain't cheap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks