What's new

Advice Needed: What center speaker to get for my R30s? (1 Viewer)

Edward_M

Agent
Hello HT'ers! I need your advice. I got the Polk Audio R30 floor standing speakers from Fry's today. Now I need to get a center channel speaker that matches with this one.

1. What is the actual POLK center that matches this speaker?
2. Is there a center speaker from a different maker that you can suggest that would go well with this?

Budget = nothing over $200 I guess.

Also, will the Dayton TMII mix well with the R30s?

THANKS!!!

Edward_M

Agent
Thanks for the reply Steve. Anybody else got a suggestion?

Is the PRIMUS C25 compatible with the R30s? I found 1 for $50 at our CUSA and wanna know if this is compatible.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
They did market a center for the R series. I think it was the CS1 but that could be inaccurate. It came with one 5 1/4" woofer, one 3/4" tweeter and a port in the front. MSRP was like $179. Overpriced to me. The Polk CSi3 would be a close fit, but at $199 maybe to much for the R30's price-wise. #2: You're supposed to stick with the same brand, but I used a Cerwin-Vega center with some Onkyo's for a while with decent results. #3: People use Dayton subs with just about everything around here. Including me!

Edward_M

Agent
As per polkaudio.com the CSi20 is the recommended center for the R30, but I am having a tough time finding anyone who sells it. I found 1 at ebay but lost on the last second by $2.50. I tried to enter the next bid amount but the bidding ended.

Do you guys know if the CS1 will blend well with the R30s? I'm thinking about that as my last resort. I can find it for $149 online with no tax/free shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks