What's new

Advice Needed - Sony Bravia DAVHDX475 HTiB with mult components (1 Viewer)

Moxxi

Auditioning
Real Name
Vaughn
Hi folks,

Really need some advice here. I know that these HTiB aren't the best, but I do some input (no pun intended).

I can't afford much else as just remodelled the basement into half home theater and redoing the entire kitchen with new appliances, so I'm pretty strapped until further notice. I purchased the DAVHDX475 but haven't picked it up yet. Have a Toshiba Regza HDTV I plan on running a PS3 for Blu Ray and already have an X360 and Wii. From what I've read here and there, it appears that I won't be able to get true surround sound with this system.

How will I be able to hook this system up and get the best sound (besides buying another system!!)? Am I doomed? Is this thing terrible? Any advice from the experts here would be very much appreciated. My budget is around $400 but not much more due to bleeding money. I just need some clarity on this and some examples of how to hook up all of the systems while still getting the best sound possible for each. There's also an HD-PVR involved. As well, I am running the XBox 360 through the PC port as that X360 doesn't have HDMI.

Thanks!

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
You should be able to get true surround, from everything you've got the inputs for. The inputs are the problem, as they are with most HTIBs. Not enough of them. It has just one optical and one digital coax.

Since there's no HDMI inputs, and no 5.1 multi-channel inputs, there's no way of getting the HD audio from blu ray movies, no matter what player you have. You can still get Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1, from the optical output on the PS3 though. If you do that, and use the digital coax input for the cable/sat box, that's all your digital inputs...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HobbitGolf
Recent bookmarks