What's new

Advice Needed: Small, stand-mounted, rear surround speakers (1 Viewer)

Bob_F

Stunt Coordinator
I need advice selecting small, stand-mounted, rear surround speakers for a 5.1 system. I'm hoping for something less than $200 a pair but I'm willing to consider spending more.

The rest of my system is a odd collection of components:

Denon AVR-3801 Receiver

Left and Right Front Speakers: Monitor Audio Bronze 1 (These are small bookshelf speakers)

Center Channel: BIC DV62CLRs

Subwoofer: Yamaha YST-SW100

I already have two adjustable stands with a circular metal tube top sections and I'd like to use these if feasible.

The rear speakers need to be located right behind a full-width couch because of the layout of the room. There is no rear wall as the back of the room opens into the kitchen.

I've been considering speakers such as the Klipsch Quintet and the Boston Acoustics Bravo or Micro series.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

Bob

Bob_F

Stunt Coordinator
OK, I think I might have put too much information in my first post. :) Let me try this again:

Can anyone recommend rear, stand-mounted, surround speakers?

Shooting for $200/pair but willing to go higher.

Thanks!

Bob

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
there are a lot of 5.25"/6.5" woofered bookshelves out there that can be had for $100 each that would work just fine.

can you give us a few more important criteria to help narrow your choices? looks like "compact" may be important, right?

Bob_F

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the super fast reply Scott.

Yes, a smaller speaker would be better. I like the Boston Acoustics Micro series for this reason.

Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks