Advice needed - Selling my speakers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Neil White, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Neil White

Neil White Supporting Actor

I think it's finally time to off load my Bose Acoustimass 10 system for something else (no Bose comments please - I know the deal). I'm going to try selling them on eBay and I've done some searches but I'd like to solicit your input on an appropriate reserve price.

I have the Acoustimass 10 series I system in white. It is in mint condition. All cables and manual present. I still have the original packaging in the attic I think. I have wall brackets and Bose stands for the front mains.

How much do you think I can make on these? eBay shows that folks are still paying decent money for used systems.

Thanks

N

2. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

Search e-bay for recent sales of the same system to get an approximation of the price you can expect to get. Set the reserve about 10-15% below that just to ensure you don't get reamed.

If you register for it (for a fee), Audiogon has a blue book that can place a value on various pieces of audio equipment and what they are worth used, based on condition of course.

3. JoelM

JoelM Stunt Coordinator

Yeah it will go pretty good. My Black Set went for 899.00 which was way more then I expected. I had all the original boxes and such. You will get more because the white ones tend to sell a bit higher.

BTW my reserve was $600

4. Neil White

Neil White Supporting Actor

Thanks for the replies. I just got done searching eBay and it seems $500 reserve is not too ambitious. Had no idea the white was more sought after. The only thing is mine are series I which dates them a little. Seriously considering this though.

N

5. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

then you call them 'classics' [​IMG]