What's new

Advice Needed: Placing Ceiling-Mounted Surround Speakers.. (1 Viewer)

Rich H

Second Unit
Hi gang.

I'm helping out an acquaintance with his HT set-up. However, his room is pretty tricky for speaker set-up. Basically they have a bungalow with a large rectangular room as a primary dwelling space. (Approximately 17ft by 35 ft).

They are placing their plasma in the center of the long wall, viewing from about 8 ft away. That means there are effectively no sidewalls for mounting the two rear speakers. And the rear walls appear problematic as well, as they are a good 8 feet or more behind the viewing chair. (They will be about 8 feet from the plasma/front speakers). Given that is too far away it looks like ceiling speakers will have to enter the scene.

Any suggestions for a good (and easily available) ceiling speaker? I'm thinking perhaps the Mirage Omnistats, and I know Monitor Audio has some you can mount up there as well. Looking for a pretty discrete speaker. Also, it seems to me that the ceiling speakers should be mounted
a little further behind the listener - say about 3 or 4 feet and out to the sides a little.

Any suggestions would be appreciate...and soon because they are going to have their electrical done.

Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks