Advice needed on speaker/monitor purchase (long)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Couch, Dec 5, 2002.

1. Brian Couch

Brian Couch Auditioning

I'm finally ready to jump feet first into the world of HT. I am somewhat familiar with it (having lurked here for months) and do own a Sony HTIB, but it's not very good and won't be worthy of gracing this bachelor's pad for much longer.[​IMG] I, like many others, have a somewhat tight budget for my HT dreams- and that's fine for now. I'm essentially looking for a receiver/speaker set that can fill a fairly large size room (14x14 or roundabouts) well, and will be a pleasure for both watching films and music (which I would give a usage ratio of 80/20). I will wait on a sub until sometime next year (unless someone can recommend an excellent one for

2. Will Orth

Will Orth Stunt Coordinator

Well it seems that no one has helped you here! what a disappointment! tell you what, go to a good hifi store in tour area and bring in a cd-disc taht you know and listen to some speakers on a good amp then decide for your self as you have to live with the sound, i once asked on here what is a good DVD player tp purchase -0- posts retuned so i am telling you how it is, best to live and learn and do waht you think is best as you could ask 500 people what is the best speaker and they would all say tempest? LOL

Will