What's new

Advice Needed: Energy Take 5.1 or Fluance HTB-SX? (1 Viewer)

JasonMilch

Grip
Hi guys. I'm trying to decide between these two speaker setups and could use some guidance from those that have used either or both. Any words of wisdom?

Robt_P

Auditioning
Did you mean the 5.2's? There are the original Take 5's and the newer 5.2's.
I've used the Take 5.2's for a year now and am quite happy with them in my medium sized room. They play plenty loud with my H/K AVR 320 with only 55w/channel. The 2.2 center is very good in it's price range with HT dialouge. I never strain to "hear it".
With that being said I just replaced the S8.2 sub($299) with an HSU STF-3($599) and the difference is quite dramatic. The S8.2 produced no sound under 32hz in my setup whereas the HSU plays much lower and louder.
If you choose the Energy's make sure you buy them from an authorized dealer. Energy mentions this on their website. I was able to find them locally at an authorized dealer and was able to split the difference between retail and the lowest online price.

WilliamMc

Stunt Coordinator
I have the SX-htb set, and the 10" Dayton sub. IT would be hard for me to beleive that a better value could be found in this price range. When I build the dedicated theater, I want something like a Maggie or logan setup with a mid level SVS. For me, I coudn't see getting anything nicer than my current setup unless going for that next much higher level speaker lineup. I want incredible bang for the buck or the best, but not much in between. When I really cough up the BIG bucks, I want NO regrets.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks