What's new

Advice Needed... Cont - Panasonic PTAE500 (PTL500U) (1 Viewer)

Michal_Zak

Grip
Hi All,

Thanks very much for the previous advice... i have taken every comment on board :) much appreciated...

yesterday I visited a couple of places after work, and found out that the Panasonic PTAE500 or as it is known PTL500U in the US is comming out here early Feb... its been out in the US since mid or so december...

Does anyone own one? the reviews say it is excellent just like the PTAE300... but has better bits...

can anyone comment on this projector?

many thanks

Mike

Paul Pratt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul Pratt
I just ordered one tonight and I should receive it in the middle of next week. I'll let you know. Ritz AV has it for 1999.99, a great deal.

Michal_Zak

Grip
how much did you pick it up for?

im wandering if its thesame USvsAU dollar price.

I can't wait till next month when I can go an get it :)

mike

Paul Pratt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul Pratt
yeah, i got it, it looks great. The projector has been a logistical nightmare to set up in my apartment here and it will take me a bit to get everything squared and calibrated, but i am taking a few pictures along the way and i will post them within the next few days.

Michal_Zak

Grip
Paul,

sorry to be a pain - were you able to set the projector up? and maybe have some pics?

in australia they are arriving sometime this month - I will be getting in touch with the shop within the next few days, to see it setup later on in the month.

Many thanks

Mike

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
I believe www.visualapex.com has it for $1899. And they are highly reputed...I bought my 300 from them.

Jacksonian from the other forum said the 500 is only marginally better than the 300. So unless you need dvi/hdcp...it appears that the 300 is the best bang for the buck and I will be hanging onto mine. Maybe I'll wait for the PTL700U in 2005 :emoji_thumbsup:

Brajesh Upadhyay

Supporting Actor
For DVD, maybe marginally better. But, for hi-def, the PTAE500U is noticeably better. Some vertical banding is still there, but the flicker tweak & using AI-2 mode help. PQ is first-rate!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks