1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Advice Needed Before Leaving Receiver For Service...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David A. Frattaroli, Jul 17, 2001.

1. David A. Frattaroli

David A. Frattaroli Stunt Coordinator

I think my Denon 3200 needs service. Sometimes when I turn it on, then turn on the DVD player and watch a film, the center channel fluctuates from very low, spitty sound to normal. If I reselect the DVD player as the source from the 3200 or cycle through the surround modes and comeback to DD, it seems ok. Then, I can turn the system off, power up again, and it's fine.
    So, I can't seem to replicate the problem on a consistent basis. Anyway, an authorized Denon service center is actually located less than a 10 minute drive from me and they only charge $25 to look at your equipment and see what's wrong. They'll put that $25 towards repair.
    Is there anything anyone can suggest about leaving it with them? Have any of you had similar experiences and learned something from it?
    The company is EMI Electronics and is listed on the Denon web-site. They've moved from the address that Denon lists and are much closer to me.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

2. David A. Frattaroli

^

3. DaveBB

DaveBB Supporting Actor

I also had about the same problem with my 3200. The only difference was that switching sources or powering off and then back on didn't do any good. (Of course I checked connections and the speakers.)
    Took it in for service and the authorized service center by me charged $40. However they couldn't duplicate the same problem and it's only happened twice since.
    For $25, do it.

4. David A. Frattaroli

That's what I'm afraid of, Dave: That they won't be able to duplicate the problem. Although for me, it happens quite often.
    Thanks.