What's new

Advice for receivers (1 Viewer)

Boaty McBoatface

Second Unit
Real Name
Billy Posey
I have two receivers a Pioneer 1014 and an H/K 325. The Pioneer is in my theater and the H/K is in my living room. although I use the h/k everyday in the living I don't need to. There are other components I would like to get for my theater, namley a sony 400 disc dvd changer. I am hoping to find some one to trade strait up for one or at least sell one for close to the buying price. Problem is I am not sure which one to dispatch with. I've had my H/K for a little over a year, got a good deal on it because it was a floor model and the left channel binding post were missing. I bought the parts from H/K and fixed it myself. I like the sound and the features but the pioneer has features like the mcacc and the component upconversion. As for the sound comparison between the two it's hard to do because I am using two different speakser systems. As for the build among the two the H/k is heavier and feels more solid than the pioneer but I am not sure if that matters because I am using power amps with the Pioneer. I've been racking my brain trying two decide between them. Every time I think I have made a desicion I quickly change my mine.

All this might be all for not I don't even know if I can unload these things

lee ison

Stunt Coordinator
one thing to consider is the the resale value of each , in other words which one will get you closer to the sony dvd changer?

John S

Senior HTF Member
For theater use, I'd probbaly have to give the nod the pre/pro and video capabilities of the Pioneer.

Best of luck with the equipment switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks