Advice for Online Newbies in RTCW

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Chris Rock, May 12, 2003.

1. Chris Rock

Chris Rock Supporting Actor

Ladies and Gentlemen,
    I have RTCW, but I've not played online yet. Er, I mean I haven't "played" online yet. I got into one game, and had no friggin clue what I was doing. I died a few times, mostly from my teammates shooting me, and I never figured out where I was versus where the opposing team was. It was all pretty confusing. I probably should have hung out in spectator mode for a while and learned the map, but I was kinda short on time.

I have some questions about HTF play:
    What servers do you play on? Are the games PW protected? What modes of play are the current favorites? What settings?

I have some general questions about the online game (I could probably consult my manual, but I don't have it handy right now):
    How do you know an enemy from a teammate? Does your cursor turn red? Can you talk to teammates when you're dead?

Anyway, I'll probably play tonight if I can, after 9 or 10PM EST - my nickname will be either PunkRock or something more clever containing "Rock".

2. Bryan_ZZ

Bryan_ZZ Stunt Coordinator

Chris,

The allies are in tan fatigues and the axis wear black coats for the most part. If you aim at a soldier and their name pops up, it is a teammate. If no name, shoot!!

I have just scanned my friends list for invites - Chris and Joey are usually hosting an HTF group. If you can't join a game, try creating one and inviting someone from HTF who is already playing - that might get their attention and let them know you are ready to play.

My favorite map is Beach Assault. The allies are trying to storm a compound and steal / transmit secret plans. Axis soldiers try to prevent the theft. There is some great strategy involved!

Bryan / Audie Murphy on RTCW / PPH2 on Xbox Live

3. Chris Rock

Chris Rock Supporting Actor

Audie Murphy...that's a good nickname. I wonder how many people have any idea who that is?

Thanks for your reply.

4. Paul>Wh

Paul>Wh Agent

I haven't played it in awhile but I would get the newest patches and maps. The two that I found to be the most fun were the ones that people created as add ons, Trench Toast and I don't remember the other one but basically you are toy soldiers. All weapons and skills have their drawbacks as you will see soon while playing. Most of all just play at different places with different rules and such and find what you like.
    It's a fun game and even better when you play online in my opinion.
    Paul

5. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

6. JayV

JayV Supporting Actor

So that was you lighting me up, Bryan? I played a game or two with you and didn't realize it.

Nice nick -- but don't use it on Axis!

-j

7. Mario_Y

Mario_Y Stunt Coordinator

I love the heck out of the game, except for the lag problem; which I'm hoping they can fix.

Another way to tell your team; you can see their health, you can't see the enemies...

8. Bryan_ZZ

Bryan_ZZ Stunt Coordinator

Jay,

The nickname is definitely for the allies, huh?

Audie was a gung-ho soldier, but so far I prefer the Medic in RTCW. I like the quickness they have - soldiers carrying around the venom gun move like they are stuck in quicksand. To each his own...

I hope to see you online tonight, and I hope that Chris is hosting. I'll be logging on as soon as the little ones log off to sleep!

Bryan

9. JayV

JayV Supporting Actor

10. Marlon

Marlon Agent

I played this game last night for the first time last night...unfortunately I'm now addicted. Gamertag is Ausar...

11. James St

James St Supporting Actor