What's new

Advice for Laptop/PowerPoint and Video (1 Viewer)

BarryR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BARRY RIVADUE
I'm interested in making PowerPoint presentations with an emphasis on video clips. I know an i5 laptop is recommended, but is there anyone here who can recommend a particular model or what to look for to maximize the use of video in a PowerPoint program?

Thanks!

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
It depends on what your goals are.

Any laptop can display Powerpoint with video; I was doing this on my 2007 Core2Duo laptop.

Now, if you're looking to do video editing, that will always benefit from the most powerful computer. Although, if you're making video clips that are not full screen, for example to show inline within a chart, you might not be working with 1080p or 4k and could be just fine with a modest computer.

BarryR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BARRY RIVADUE
Thanks for the reply. My idea is to show fullscreen clips with maximum quality. I'd have pre-edited clips I'd like to insert into the program.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Any quality laptop built since 2012 should do that fine. A 2015 era Chromebook will do it just fine. Getting rid of the crapware will be your biggest obstacle to success.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Is the goal to show PowerPoint? Any laptop will do that. Or us the goal to edit video? That will benefit from a fast computer. But your skill with software is more important than the specs of your laptop.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks