advice for a friend on speakers and placement?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Philip_G, Nov 9, 2001.

1. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

trying to help him out but don't know the answers [​IMG] the est are his words [​IMG] thanks for any advice!
    Hello Everyone
    ok no one comment on the polks hehe they were just temporary and will be going away very soon.. Ok heres my questions
    as you can see heres the room that im using. The room will look very diff soon.. But thats only looks nothing major just some wood on the ceiling and stuff. A wood trim going around the ceiling etc but onto the speakers etc
    im making some tower speakers with Focal drivers in them and putting them on the floor and i keep reading that the sub isnt best in the corner that is a Klipsch KSW15 where is the best place to put it?? youll see in the pics there is wiring in the rear for a sub also but ive been sold its best like in the middle of a wall so youll see in the pics . The def techs in the middle of the wall are being moved back behind the door you see on the right side of the pics. at the time the lights were in the way but im gonna move them back a little. Im using the denon 3801 right now soon to be 4802 or 5800 . the polks in the back are gonna be replaced with the def techs and put closer together in the center of the back wall near the top and then for the main surrounds ( currently def techs ) im gonna do some Focals and put them near the lights. Let me know your opinions and also im gonna put the center on top of the speaker and just angle it down a tiny bit.. Any other input would be appriated.. Thanks Btw the leopard stuff is for my dog hehe
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

^
    I know he rambles and the question is weird but he's a good guy, help em out? [​IMG]
    [Edited last by Philip_G on November 09, 2001 at 04:29 PM]