advice for a first time buyer

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by derrekCM, Jul 2, 2006.

1. derrekCM

derrekCM Auditioning

I am looking to get a small HT package for a small apartment living room and a 32" LCD. The reciever is a Denon1700 series (?) and I am debating between two packages.

-Def Tech PC60s or
    -Mirage Nanosats

both are the same price at the place I plan on buying from (I get a discount)

there is open area to the left and to the right of the couch. The "traffic" in the room mainly walks right infront of the TV screen in between the couch and where the center speaker would go. The distance from the screen to where I would sit is no more than 5' with the couch up against the wall to my back.

I will primarily be watching TV (sports), a few movies, and playing alot of video games (xbox360).

I hope that wasn't too hard to follow, please forgive me, this is my first post. Advice on the Nanosats or the P60s would be great. Any feedback at all would really help alot. Thanks

2. derrekCM

derrekCM Auditioning

Doesn't need to be an in-depth response, a simple suggestion would help.

3. Saul_M

Saul_M Agent

If it were me I would go with the Deftech's. But that is just me.

The wolf.
    Saul

4. Bill_Br

Bill_Br Agent

I just bought an Onkyo HT-S590S system from Circuit City. Had to replace the receiver because of a hum problem but the new unit is working great. When I researched the unit on the web before buying it, most of the user reviews were enthusiatically positive. The only negative is that very thin speaker wire is suppled.

Good luck!
    Bill

5. Alan M

Alan M Second Unit

The nanosats have a very spacious feel due to the omnipolar tech.For a small room like an apartment living room,they should fit perfectly.