What's new

Advice about a new display (1 Viewer)

brianMur

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian
Hey all, I am brand new here, and I was wondering if I could get some opinions on what type of TV I should buy, I.E. plasma, DLP, LCD, ect. The last TV I bought was a Sony KV36FS210, so I have been out of the loop. There is so much info to sift through, which I have been doing, but It would be nice to hear from real people instead of just reading vanilla reviews and such. I have been looking at the Toshiba 62HM195, I found it online for $2225, and I was hoping to stay in that price rance, but I am getting more confused by the second. Please Help!

Brian_Pete

Stunt Coordinator
Welcome to the forum.

I think we'll need more info about your setup before anyone can give you accurate advice.

What will you be connecting to it? Videogames, DVD ,Hi-Def cable box, etc.
What kind of room environment do you have? Dark basement, controlled lighting, bright living room?
What is your viewing distance?

Make sure you do some searches too for the different technologies and models that you are considering. There is a lot of info stored on this forum.

brianMur

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian
Hello all,

OK, sorry about the lack of info on my first post, let me see if I can be more specific.

The TV will be in a light controlled living room the is about 12' X 12'. The TV will be on the direct opposite wall of the couch, so all in all I would say the virwing distance is about 11'. My PS2 exploded on me after a good run, so I don't have a video game console at the moment, but I wasn't a hard core gamer anyway, I just played sports games and the REALLY big titles. I will eventually get another game system, but I haven't decided exactly which one yet, so I am waiting it out for the moment. I have a pro scan DVD player, and I use Directv, so once I purchase the TV, I will be getting their Hi-Def/Tivo receiver. I guess I am trying to figure out what some informed people feel is the best combo of good technology and futue proof, well, as future proof as can be anyway. All input is appreciated.

B

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks