What's new

Adventures of Superman-missing scenes (1 Viewer)

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
It's a shame that Season Two contains two cut episodes, especially since collectors say they have uncut prints in their collections. "Around the World With Superman" also contains a fade out that is sloppily edited..the next scene starts with the same scene and then lap dissolves.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Normally I don't condone edits, but in this case, I'm sure WHV did the best with what they had. I've seen these so-called collector prints and the print quality is a big drop off from what is on these DVDs (think Stolen Costume from Vol 1). It is quite possible that WHV didn't know of the short scenes in each that were missing.

Of the two missing scenes, one doesn't involve any regular cast members. The other does have Reeves and is a good scene, but its exclusion doesn't impact one's ability to comprehend the episode.

These box sets have episodes that look fantastic which is a minor miracle considering the less than ideal way they were stored over the years and WHV has put some really nice bonus features using the surviving cast members. I've paid less than $30 for each of the 3 sets available thus far and couldn't be happier with the first two and I look forward to watching the third after it arrives next week.

Steve

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I think they are great too..plus, these scenes must have been cut around 40 years ago, so I can't complain. But I would like to have seen the missing scene from "Around the World With Superman" if only as a bonus feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks