What's new

Adventures of Ford Fairlane and Buffy Season Six!? (1 Viewer)

Skoobooz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
According to DVD Empire, The Adventures of Ford Fairlane is coming to DVD on December 16th. However, what's strange is that the site recently updated so that Buffy: Season Five is now available to buy, while also updating that Buffy: Season Six will be available on July 6, 2004. Which seems a bit odd, not only because that's about 10 months away, but more because Buffy usually comes out on a January/June rotation. And especially since S5 is coming out a month early, I thought they might have been speeding the remaining releases up a bit. However this indicates that it will actually be a two-month longer wait to get S6. Hm...

Oh, and My Darling Clementine is also due to be released on January 6, 2004. Not sure if that's been mentioned elsewhere.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Damn. I sure hope I don't have to wait until July for Buffy Season Six.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Uh-oh.... the list price for Ford Fairlane is 9.99. I'm envisioning a pan-and-scan piece-of-shit.

Hey, that could be a new HTF acronym: PASPOS. :D

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
the list price for Ford Fairlane is 9.99. I'm envisioning a pan-and-scan piece-of-shit.
Not likely from Fox. I can't think of any 2.35:1 film that Fox has released only in P&S format.

Low pricing is the new trend with catalogue titles. Look at All That Jazz: extras, significant restoration work, and the list price is $14.98. Or look at what Paramount did with Polanski's The Tenant: a $9.98 list price for a disc in OAR and with excellent quality.

I suspect that Ford Fairlane will be barebones but will look and sound pretty good. I'm grateful to Mr. Staddon and Fox for delivering on their pledge to get this title out. I don't think it was even on their radar screen until it was brought up at several HTF chats.

M.

Rollie

Stunt Coordinator
If this is true....All hail the arrival of the most anticipated DVD of all time!

Where do I get in line. :emoji_thumbsup:

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
Maybe Fox is planning on doing a single disc release of "Once More With Feeling"(like in Region 2). That led to the Season 6 box set being delayed a month in the UK, so the same could happen here.

Adam_Reiter

Second Unit
Oh man, I have been waiting for Ford Fairlane!! One of my all-time favorites.

I laugh everytime I think of the scene where they are falling off the Capitol Records building and they show a close-up of Dice-Clay going "My hair...my hair!!" HAHAHAHAHHAHA... so damn funny!!

This is awesome, cause I should get to review it!!!

Angel Pagan

Second Unit
Adventures of Ford Fairlane is coming to DVD on December 16th
I hope this is true.

From IMDB:

Colleen Sutton: Nothing disgusts me. At the age of eleven I walked in on my father and the Shetland pony. Does that excite you?
Ford Fairlane: I don't know, I never met your father.

:laugh:
:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
Adventures of Ford Fairlane is coming to DVD on December 16th
Dear lord, I've always tried my best to be a good person, and I know the DVD business has a lot of wild rumors and speculation. All I ask is PLEASE OH PLEASE, let this be the definitive truth about Ford Fairlane, as it is the most underrated comedy of all time!! Amen.

Is this absolutely confirmed from Fox?? If so, the celebration will commence...:D

Erin C

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,is this CHEVY NOVA? Is this THE CAR I want to speak to??-Johnny Crunch

16x9 widescreen,5.1 and a trailer?? we'll see.....
Does anyone remember the comic book that came out at the same time? I still have the first issue!

Bill Burns

Supporting Actor
Ford Fairlane 16x9 and 5.1 will be a great buy at $9.95 (I'm guessing many/most brick and mortars that usually discount will carry it at full MSRP) -- I'm there in a heartbeat (or the strum of a guitar strung upside down for a left-handed genius* :)).

At that price, I'm certainly guessing we'll have no appreciable supplementation, but deleted scenes/commentaries (Clay and Gilbert Gottfreid?! Ed O'Neil, Robert Englund, and ... Priscilla Presley?!!! Lauren Holly all by her lovely self, or perhaps in one of the other groups ... the possible combinations are mind boggling; Renny Harlin provided a commentary on the now-similarly priced Cliffhanger: SE, actually recorded for Pioneer's SE laserdisc releases, and members of the FX crew, I believe, recorded a new one for the DVD, so there'd be solid precedent) would've been a tremendous treat. Ah well -- great picture, OAR and 16x9, great sound, great buy. :emoji_thumbsup:

* paraphrasing from memory; the last time I saw this was in a theatre! Much too long ....

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
Dice!

Dice!

Dice!

Dice!

Dice!

Dice!

I'm sure it's anamorphic, but are we getting 5.1 sound as well??

All together now:

Booty Time Booty Time, Cross the U.S.A.!!
It's Booty Time, Booty Time Hey, hey, hey

-"Unbelievable! I didn't think anything could cheer me up tonight, Lieutenant, but that utterly BRILLIANT performance.........JERKOFF!" :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Kalle Karpaasi

Auditioning
I'm surprised that with this enthusiastic response you haven't all already gone out and gotten either the R2 or R4 Fairlane disks which are both nice anamorphic OAR releases. These have been out for now something like 2 years.

Sadly the R2 release at least lacks any decent extras. I would love to hear a good commentary on this one.

Stephen Heath

Stunt Coordinator
My DVD player only plays region 1, and I'm not buying another anytime soon =p That said, our family Santa (me) will probably be buying someone who has been good all year (me) this for Christmas =p

Rollie

Stunt Coordinator
That said, our family Santa (me) will probably be buying someone who has been good all year (me) this for Christmas =p
Well, Ford Fairlane is a feel-good holiday movie. And I know what ALL my friends will be getting for Christmas! :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks