What's new

Pre-Order Adventures of Captain Marvel (1941) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
170001_front.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
If this has the one where he machine-guns Nazis in the back as they flee, I'm in.

No Nazis or machine guns in this one (but I think you knew that). There's something quite magical about these old serials to someone of a certain age. I'm nearly 67 & have great memories of seeing this & Flash Gordon, King Of The Rocket Men & many others before I was 12, I thought they were brilliant. But to a lot of people these serials will come over as just camp, a shame, but that's just how it is.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
I'm with Billy - these were magical to kids back in the day. My local theater showed serials until about 1956 - I saw the Commando Cody films, Captain America, this one, and a couple of others - we couldn't wait to go back the following week to see what happened. I wanted a Commando Cody rocket jacket more than anything. I saw most of these when I was around five and six years old.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
I'm in my 50's and had never heard of nor seen a serial prior to picking up Superman in 2009. I have around 50 serials now and find them fun to watch. A bit camp, yes, lots of action, generally, fun twists and cliffhangers, absolutely. I even tend to do what some state is a no no, in that I will typically watch three or four episodes a night until completed. Nice to see them starting to come out in top notch quality. More please....

Travis87

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Travis
I started watching this last night/this morning and am really enjoying it. Thanks to the new Blu Ray from Kino which looks great, I retired my old AC Comics dvd. The commentary tracks are a nice bonus too (there is a commentary on every chapter). I think I read in the announcements thread that they don't have plans for any more serials right now, but I sure hope they can get some more Republic Serials out some day. Spy Smasher would be grand.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks