Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai

Paul D G

Screenwriter
According to the most recent episode of the Hollywood Babble-On, Kevin Smith says he's been approached by MGM to create a Buckaroo Banzai tv series.

MGM is looking for another movie-to-series property like Fargo. Smith's turn at directing an Episode of The Flash led MGM to connect with Smith on this.

He says his plan is to have season 1 re-create the movie, then season 2 create the unmade sequel "Buckaroo Banzai Against the World Crime League". He'd like to bring back cast members of the movie to appear in the series as villans.

https://soundcloud.com/hollywoodbabbleon/babbleon-246#t=11:30

I really hope this happens. I throw out the occasional quote to my kids for my own amusement. They have no idea what it all means but I consider it a parenting time bomb. Someday they'll see the movie and go 'ooooohhhh!'

Reactions: joshEH

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
"..and your name is?...JOHN...SMALLLLLLBERRIES"

:)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I don't know if Kevin Smith is the right person to be behind this, but it would be great to see it.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
This project almost got made back around 1996-97, with Earl Mac Rauch writing a pilot script for a potential Banzai TV series (with Peter Weller actually attached to star), along with some CGI test footage getting produced by Foundation Imaging (of Babylon 5 fame):

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beekeeper