What's new

Adventures in Paradise (1 Viewer)

bobPON

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone heard any news on Adventures in Paradise coming to dvd. I'd love to watch that show again.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I'd be in for it should a release happen. But I've heard nothing personally.

Gary "if Fox owns it I have serious doubts about it ever seeing the light of day" O.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
jperez said:
If you are asking me why I'd doubt Fox would release this the answer is simple. Fox hasn't shown any real interest in releasing classic TV on DVD for some time. Add to that the fact this is a much more obscure show than, say, Big Valley and yet that series has been stalled for years now. Fox just hasn't shown me they care about their vintage library. But I'd love to be proven wrong.

Gary "again, I hope I'm wrong and this sees a release in the near future" O.

bobPON

Stunt Coordinator
Well Fox finally released the Charlie Chan movies so there's a faint glimmer of hope.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
bobPON said:
Well Fox finally released the Charlie Chan movies so there's a faint glimmer of hope.
Agreed that there's always hope. But unless my calculations are wrong, this would be the first b/w adventure type TV series for Fox (unless you count the IA shows). They really don't have much of that type of material that they've released.

Gary "I just see it as a real long shot - which hopefully means it will be announced tomorrow" :D

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
From what I understand, much like with Dobie Gillis, the ownership (as opposed to the TV syndication) rests with the estate of James A. Michener and that they have no desire to release the series or they are asking for an exhorbitant sum to do so. Either way, its another one likely to not be seen again, other than on 16mm film prints or off air records from the 80s.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Neil Brock said:
From what I understand, much like with Dobie Gillis, the ownership (as opposed to the TV syndication) rests with the estate of James A. Michener and that they have no desire to release the series or they are asking for an exhorbitant sum to do so. Either way, its another one likely to not be seen again, other than on 16mm film prints or off air records from the 80s.
I also heard rights issues regarding the music-musical score as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks